Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to work we go!


I've been a little worried lately. Okay that's a lie. I've been a lot worried lately. Worried about our finances. Life was tough in Texas and the job in Spain was supposed to set us up financially for a good long time. When it fell through we had no home to return to and no income to sustain our "rich" lifestyle. One of the reasons we decided to return to Salt Lake was that we felt it would be easier to find good employment here than in Chester, TX (pop. 254-2).

One of the first things I did when we got into town last month was visit my old friends at eBay. I inquired about the possibility of getting back on and everyone was excited that I was returning. But the department I wanted to get into didn't have any openings. I needed to reapply and go through the hiring process as though it was my first time there. Luckily they had about 30 openings in another department and we starting the application process the very next day.
I went in and met with the recruiters and had a first interview. They called me back for a second interview the next day. Then they told me to just wait. I've been waiting for about 3 weeks but yesterday I finally got the phone call I was waiting for... a job offer!

I start on September 22nd. The job is a step down from where I was when I left 3 years ago but I know ALL of the managers and supervisors and have been told I can move up fast once I get in. I'm so ready to get back to work. Life on the farm was good but it never felt secure and we never had any health benefits, etc. We feel blessed to be "employed" again. Thanks for all your prayers - we know they made a difference.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! That is so great and I'm sure a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Whew!

Sarah said...

I was so worried about you two. The last word we got was that you were headed back to Utah. I am glad things are getting back on track. Stability is always good. Congratulations on the job!